Re: Windows program to check spf records

2004-06-28 17:05:10
Paul Ficinski wrote:
On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 01:32:04PM -0400, John Keown wrote:

Does anybody have a tool to check a domains spf records for windows.
Something like ping pro

I don't know anything about ping pro but nslookup should be capable if there
isn't anything better around.

"nslookup -querytype=txt" should do IIRC

*Goes back to lurking*

Or, interactively:

C:> NSLOOKUP
> set type=txt
> aol.com
(see answer blurb here)

> tgharold.com
(see another answer here)

> [Ctrl-C]
C:>

Which was useful when I was setting up the records over at DNSMadeEasy prior to pointing my registrar records at their servers. I was able to use the "SERVER ns0.dnsmadeeasy.com" command to specifically look at their DNS servers as a spot-check.