Re: OT: Change of address

2004-07-07 22:00:17

On Jul 7, 2004, at 1:24 PM, Chris Haynes wrote:

"Paul Iadonisi" asked

On a related note, has anyone else received a marked increase in spam,
particularly if you use a custom one for this list?  I usually see a
gradual increase in spam directed at each of my email addresses for each list as I post more and more time passes. I've seen a significant spike in a relatively short period of time to the address I use on this list.

Yep,
I reported last week that the day I registered for this list (before I had even posted to it) my domain was used in something that looked like a virus-carrier - I had 40 bounces from messages originated on 40 different machines all over the world during the next 4 days - all forging my domain and using random local
parts.

I have been absolutely deluged with SPAM since I joined this mailing list. Is it possible the spammers hate what we're trying to do and are venting their anger at us?

Gregg Allen

A small number of different message subjects were involved
(" I have spyware, please help txir", "Spyware is everywhere! rsys" "Urgent -
CONSUMER ALERT ohfye"  etc. etc.)

Interestingly, they ceased arriving within an hour or so of my reporting the
'coincidence' here. (Should I thank someone?)

Chris Haynes

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html