RE: OT: Change of address

2004-07-08 06:07:12
From: Gregg R.Allen
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 12:00 AM

<...>

I have been absolutely deluged with SPAM since I joined this mailing
list.  Is it possible the spammers hate what we're trying to do and are
venting their anger at us?

Yes, that is exactly what they do.  Don't worry about getting back at them,
just win.  Reject it all before DATA based on connecting IP and PTR name.
Start with dynamic IP DSL and cable connections (regexp's or DNSBL), then
add DNSBL's for known spam sources.  You will be very pleasantly surprised.
Reductions of 95% are easily achievable.

--

Seth Goodman