Re: OT: Change of address

2004-07-09 18:02:02
On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 01:25:39AM +0300, Andrew G. Tereschenko wrote:
| A few questions about spam comming to people mailboxes:
|
| 1. Why this mailing list does not replace From: and Reply: so users can

Reply-To will be set to the list, unless a sender has already
defined it on incoming mail.

| 2. Why this mailing list allow email messages from non-subsribers ? I wanna
| sell you a few "vi_gra" today - I will definetely drop one email to
| spf-discuss ;o)

It doesn't usually allow messages from non-subscribers.  But
if you respond to a list message, it will be accepted.  When
spammers start forging list-subscriber addresses, or follow
up to existing messages, we will have to turn on SPF checks.

| 3. Why http://archives.listbox.com/ does not hide email address in messages
| ?
|
| We are talking about spam here - but in reality do nothing to protect
| ourself.

We are trying to achieve final solutions.  Munging email
addresses on mailing lists is the sort of secondary effect
that we're trying to not have to do any more.