OT: Change of address

2004-07-07 11:43:20
  I normally don't do this, but since at least few people on this list
have sent me private email in the past, this was the quickest way to
notify them, since I'm not sure who all of them were.
  I use a rather crude anti-spam measure that I've noticed a lot of
other people do on mailing lists...a custom email address for each list
I'm on and I change to a new one and disable the old one when it
receives too much spam.  Well, it's come time to do that with
pri(_dot_)spf(_at_)iadonisi(_dot_)to(_dot_)  Just add a '1' betwix the 'f' and
the '@' to get
my new address, though it'll obviously be exposed on my next posting.
  On a related note, has anyone else received a marked increase in spam,
particularly if you use a custom one for this list?  I usually see a
gradual increase in spam directed at each of my email addresses for each
list as I post more and more time passes.  I've seen a significant spike
in a relatively short period of time to the address I use on this list.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  This list is likely to be a prime
target of spammers who may be a little more than pissed off at efforts
to curb their spewage. :-/
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator