Re: To all SPF-ians: Time for Chocolate

2004-07-12 15:36:10
On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 02:28:58PM -0700, Justin Mason wrote:

| Excellent -- but first:  what is the current situation w.r.t. the IPR
| issues?

Right now it looks like the Caller ID terms will be a
problem for opensource software.

Dan Quinlan has been appointed SPF's Vice President for
Licensing and Legal Affairs and in that capacity he is going
to talk to a number of lawyers this week to develop our
position.  Once that position has been developed we will
schedule a conference call with Microsoft.

Independently, I believe the IETF is also investigating.

Microsoft has in the past seemed very eager to accommodate
us, so I have every hope that things will turn out well.

Once we have any news, we'll report.