Re: Broken SPF implementations among this list's subscribers ?

2004-07-21 12:59:04
Le mercredi 21 Juillet 2004 21:43, Ryan Malayter a écrit :

Have you done any reverse DNS or WHOIS on the IP addresses in doing the
DNS requests?

Yes. They all have rDNS.

Surely they will lead to an MTA, which will most likely
give you the domain names of the people with broken implementations.
Then you could cross-reference with the list archive for that domain,
right?

No I couldn't.

2 machines have a fixed rDNS, one of which shows the machine is a DNS server
(it's called dns.<something_in_3_letters>.no).
I have no mail "From: " users at these domains in my archive of the list.

3 machines have rDNS showing they have cable connections
(xxxxxxxx.vc.shawcable.net, xxxxxxxx.cable.rogers.com,
xxxxxxxx.client.comcast.net)

They may possibly be fixed-IP ? and possibly be legit MX of some domains which
I cannot find easily, the PTR record being helpless.

Anyway, it isn't worth trouble trying to track this down ;-)

--
Michel Bouissou <michel(_at_)bouissou(_dot_)net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E