Re: SPF will solve spam and punish spammers

2004-07-23 10:28:10
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Jonathan Gardner wrote:

We already have reputation systems in various industries - what is it that
the credit bureaus really do? They relay information on a consumer's
reputation. Those are wildly successful, to say the least.

Good point.  I am hoping that there will be laws ensuring domain owners
the right to challenge a bad reputation.  Sometimes credit bureaus make
mistakes.  And sometimes identity theft is involved.  One of the
problems with SPEWS is that innocent victims have no recourse.
(When there is only one broadband ISP serving your location, and it is spammer
friendly, it doesn't help to say "Change ISPs".)