Re: SPF will solve spam and punish spammers

2004-07-23 12:05:50
Le vendredi 23 Juillet 2004 20:59, Daniel Taylor a écrit :
Yes, I would flag it the first time you sent e-mail
to me. If it was spam your domain would then get blacklisted.
If several e-mails passed between your domain and mine without
that happening, I would stop flagging them.

Simple, eh? All of a sudden neither one of us has
to trust a third party to tell us whether we can talk to each other.

You really don't need SPF for that. You can "flag" all the mail you receive
from unknown domains until it proves good in the first place.

SPF is supposed to avoid this annoyance. If everybody starts making his own
rules "Oh, this SPF record is too complex for me, that one seems to
permissive, that one has 3 "+a" mechanisms in a raw, that one is paint in
blue"...

Well, there's not much of "SPF" anymore.

--
Michel Bouissou <michel(_at_)bouissou(_dot_)net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E