Re: Support for Internationalized Explanations

2004-07-25 15:37:13
Le lundi 26 Juillet 2004 00:27, Ernesto Baschny a écrit :

Anyway I doubt that any (regular) user really READS a bounce message.
Most people will just bug the admin or try it again. The error messages
in those bounces are very hard for most people to find, as every MTA
generates them in a different way (mostly in english), e.g. "This is the
Postfix program at host <xxx>. I'm sorry to have to inform you that the
message returned below could not be delivered to one or more
destinations." .. bla bla bla... and then somewhere below you have the
french SPF-message. Will that help? Or confuse?

Oh, this is yet another issue ;-)

Users not reading error messages, well, there's little you can do about it,
but at least you can say : There WAS and error message and you SHOULD have
read it so you would have known how to fix it ;-)

Anyway, users bug their admin provided they have one available. If their only
recourse is to call a Euro 0.35 per minute hotline number that will hold them
10 minutes listening to music before they get a hotliner who doesn't know,
doesn't care, and will say "PLEASE READ THE ERROR MESSAGE", then I assume
some users will actually read it ;-)

--
Michel Bouissou <michel(_at_)bouissou(_dot_)net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E