Envelope Sender X From Header. How are you treating this?

2004-07-30 13:01:00
Rodrigo wrote:

But what if, only when the Sender-Envelope email address is different
from the From: header email address, we change the From: header to the
Sender-Envelope, forcing the mail clients to see who really sent the
message,  and put the "user inserted" From: Header on other X-whatever
header so at least the common user, that doesn't understand nothing
about SPF and so on, sees that a message that is sent from their Bank
for example, didn't come directly from them, but from another sender?
Wouldn't that be more reasonable? I mean, if I get an email sent on my
behalf by someone that isn't me I wan't the person receiving it at least
seeing who sent it no just putting my email up there at the From on my
MUA.

For all mail from Yahoo groups the envelope sender is different to the From:
address in the header. The user should not see the envelope sender because
it looks like follows:
sentto-6627711-107893-1091201205-user=example(_dot_)com(_at_)returns(_dot_)groups(_dot_)yahoo(_dot_)com

Roger