Re: SPF in a Shared Hosting Environment (non-ISP) -> "Whitelisting only" records

2004-08-03 12:53:11
On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 02:53:50PM +0200, Daniel Lorch wrote:

| Too complicated. I was thinking of a mailadress customers would simply send a
| mail to and automagically parsing out the headers with all mailservers. The
| only remining thing we would have to take care of is that they're not using
| our webmail to send this validation-mail :)

As pobox.com is faced with much the same situation we are
planning to develop just such a tool.  There was a thread
about this a few weeks ago which we should revive when
things settle down.  It could be generally useful.

Pobox customers on this list are invited to try

  http://www.pobox.com/login/mason/antispam/spf.mhtml

Pobox customers have forwarding of the form

  alias(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com -> address(_at_)isp(_dot_)com

If isp.com has an SPF record, the above web page will
prefill the SPF record with "include:isp.com".

if isp.com does not have an SPF record, the above web page
will prefill the SPF record with "ptr:isp.com".