Re: change of version string

2004-08-08 16:20:47
James Couzens wrote:

Not only are they NOT necessary, they are convoluted with
terrible and useless ideas as an attempt to integrate
patented technology within the core of the internet,

That won't work.  Maybe they could patent their XML schema,
but they cannot patent the core algorithm:  The headers
already exist (From, Sender, Resent-From, Resent-Sender),
and the order to evaluate this stuff is "obvious" (= all
it takes is to read and understand the corresponding RfCs):

Sender before From, Resent-S/F before S/F.  It's not new,
any patent claim is bogus resp. preemptive.

much of it is so stupid, what other possible reason could
there be?

They really want to do "something" agaist phishing, and as
always nobody at MicroSoft reads and understands RfCs, if
they were written before MicroSoft invented the internet -
or at least that's my impression in the case of MIME and
Outlook / Outlook Express.

But they do like XML, that's sure.  Maybe they have a huge
P3P developmet department looking for greener pastures...

And now the people who brouht us "Outlook Express" want
to invent "mail policies".  That's ridiculous.

                      Bye, Frank
--
Anything below this line was added without my consent.