Re: spf-milter and memory

2004-08-16 06:42:00
On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 09:27:45AM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
The Python milter with SPF hasn't had these problems.  Python has had
reliable threading for much longer than Perl.

http://bmsi.com/python/milter.html

It runs at dozens of my clients and at up to 40000/day at my site.  The
underlying Python milter module is used at a large ISP for custom
mail processing.

The memory footprint of the milter on my machine is a steady 4.5M - and that
includes DSPAM and checking for banned attachments.

This sounds great, but my incoming mxes don't have python by default,
whereas they do have perl by default.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.