Re: SES

2004-08-18 01:09:37
On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 23:19 +0000, Mark wrote:
Meng Weng Wong wrote:

http://asarian-host.net/srs/sendmailsrs.htm

Despite the one layer-conflicted ezmlm setting to use the envelope-from for
checking membership-status, I have been using my own SES implementation,
almost from day one, and with great success. I even put a notice in my SMTP
banner:

--- 220- Effective immediately: Asarian-host no longer accepts
--- 220- DSN recipients without valid SRS signature.

The URL above implies that you reject bogus bounces only after the DATA
command. Yet you don't -- and this is a _good_ thing because it means
you allow third parties doing CBV to reject mail with your addresses
faked as the sender. You should probably update your documentation.

The other minor problem I had, other than ezmlm, was delivering to a
greylisting system which would only accept the mail if it was offered
twice from the same reverse-path. I originally used to keep a full
timestamp in the domain part of my SES addresses for diagnostic
purposes, and that was different each time I tried to send the same
mail. I dropped that extra timestamp so that I ended up using the same
signed address for (a few) retries.

--
dwmw2