Re: SES

2004-08-18 03:09:59
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Mark wrote:

Empirical data over several months showed that hardly anyone, if at all,
makes a legitimate CBV call with an empty envelope-from to an unsigned
recipient. Nor is there any good reason they should, really. If people per
se must check the validity of my unsigned address, then they can do so with
a non-zero envelope-from.

Exim's optional verify = header_sender/callout feature does that, and I
agree with you that it is wrong. However I haven't yet managed to convince
Philip Hazel of this.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
BERWICK ON TWEED TO WHITBY: WEST OR SOUTHWEST 2 OR 3 INCREASING 3 OR 4. FAIR.