Re: Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys

2004-08-20 21:03:56
AccuSpam wrote:

You do not understand there is a big wide ocean between a user's cost to download something (they
do that often as evident by download.com success), and getting users to understand and follow
highly technical restrictions have to do with terms such as "IP" address and "mail
servers".

Uhm, if they don't understand those things (or can't at least follow instructions) then they already can't send mail at all. I don't know of any mail clients (except web mail) that don't require you to at least enter a POP server and an outgoing mail server. Configuring SMTP AUTH as well doesn't add any extra complexity, just extra fields to fill out from the instruction sheet.

I guess I don't understand why you're so opposed to SMTP AUTH, when you seem perfectly content to trust users to download special patches for their MUAs to support your little scheme.