Re: Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys

2004-08-20 16:34:18

| However, consider that supporting "-all" for SPF (in order to give SPF
similar anti-forgery power)
| for all domains is also going to require upgrades to all MUAs in order
to integrate with many different
| flavors of SMTP authentication at many different servers.

Dude. This statement is completely wrong and I hate to see anyone
betting the farm on a business idea which is factually incorrect on it's
original premise!

Please read the next sentence carefully:

"SPF HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH ANY MUA'S ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME...
IT IS A SERVER SIDE TOOL... PERIOD!"

In addition to my previous 8 points, also realize that SPF requires SRS which
will require changes in every MUA in the universe to do address unmunging!

Thanks,
Shelby