Re: Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys

2004-08-20 19:52:38
AccuSpam wrote:

"Crazy" maybe, but do not f**k with their email.  Because I can bet you that
99% of people do not use AUTH, just as 99% probably do not even use APOP and send their
mailbox passwords in clear text.

One thing I learned from making anti-spam is that users do not give a s**t
about your technical goals, if you delete their beloved greeting card, you are
going to be deleted from their life.

hmmm. i don't know about everyone else, but 100% of my users use SMTP AUTH if they want to send email out. When you set up an account, you just tell them what to do.

About the greeting card. I agree, I haven't had any luck deciding what looks like spam or not. People complain when they get spam, and they complain when they don't get spam, IMHO.

What is troubling is that a _widely_ used client doesn't like to AUTH with a decent mechanism. At least it does SSL.

Considering that most users (and many ISPs) haven't even graduated to APOP
even...when we know that with wireless any student with some freeware can sniff
your password...

APOP was back in the gay nineties.

Mahalo,

Waitman