RE: Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys

2004-08-20 23:51:18
Comcast.net also lets you use their servers with your own domain.
You must be within their network.
I hope this does not change, no need.
If I am bad, they can find me (or my cable modem).

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of David
Brodbeck
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 10:53 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys

AccuSpam wrote:

Well good thing you are not the CEO of a major consumer ISP such as AOL or
Earthlink.  You would quickly stand down from that stance when you lose 5%
of your customers in short time.  Money talks, bravado walks...

AFAIK, AOL only supports sending mail through their servers, with their
software.  Most AOL users are not technically advanced enough to try to
get more creative than that, anyhow.  Some ISPs are also starting to
block sending mail with other domain names through their servers, so
eventually you may not have a choice.  Ameritech currently lets me fake
any domain name I want through their server as long as I'm on their IP
block, but I don't expect that to last.

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.