Re: Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys

2004-08-20 19:52:47
AccuSpam wrote:

Well good thing you are not the CEO of a major consumer ISP such as AOL or
Earthlink.  You would quickly stand down from that stance when you lose 5% of
your customers in short time.  Money talks, bravado walks...
AFAIK, AOL only supports sending mail through their servers, with their software. Most AOL users are not technically advanced enough to try to get more creative than that, anyhow. Some ISPs are also starting to block sending mail with other domain names through their servers, so eventually you may not have a choice. Ameritech currently lets me fake any domain name I want through their server as long as I'm on their IP block, but I don't expect that to last.