Re: Fw: Received your email: [(spf-discuss) Fw: Received your email: (Re: (spf-discuss) Ope...]

2004-08-20 23:32:56

Man... What if you were also using an auto responder?
Would the 2 auto responders talk to each other forever?

More interesting is two accounts attempting communcation with "mailblox"
kind-of services.

You mean MailBlocks.com, i.e. Challenge Response anti-spam systems.

Yes, we took great care at AccuSpam to make sure it would interopt with any
other form of auto-response, even those CR systems.  Remember AccuSpam is not a
CR system, it is a CNR system (no response from sender required).

You want an obscure case to wrap your mind around?

The only obscure case we found that does not work with AccuSpam auto-response
is Pair's ticketing system, if used in a very specific way that most users do
not.  If you open a ticket on Pair's My Pair Account website with one reply
address, then Pair sends you an answer via email, then you send an
auto-response by email, then Pair resets the address to send their reply to
when they get a reply from customer.  If the customer then replies via the
website instead of via email, then Pair's ticketing system has a bug where it
sends the response to "cnfm_*(_at_)accuspam(_dot_)com".  This is because Pair
does not display the address they will send the response to when you submit
replies via their website.  In general any website form which collects input
requiring a response, should also collect the reply to address.  I alerted Pair
to their bug.

Thanks,
Shelby