RE: "RE: Which address of this list should auto-responses go?"

2004-08-21 16:50:52
You said:
"To elaborate, if you send me an email, I have a right under the law to
respond to you.  If I choose to respond with a robot, that is my choice.
You have a right not to e-mail me."

If I post to a list, I am not sending you an email.  I am sending to the
list.  If you receive an email from a list that was sent by me, it was not
sent to you by me.  I have no control of who is on (or not on) the list.

But, if you implement my idea, the problem will go away and you will have
happier customers.

On a related subject...
Systems that send out auto "out of town" response messages, maybe should not
send them if the sender was a list server.

If the above idea is new!  I release it to the public.  :)

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of AccuSpam
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 5:56 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: "RE: [spf-discuss] Which address of this list should
auto-responses go?"

The answer is that AccuSpam does *NOT* require the sender to do anything
in
order for the recipient to receive the message.  This it is a Challenge Non

Response (CNR) system.

Okay, but the challenge is still sent, so it has the same nuisance/spam
factor as a PTYLM scheme.

Same nuisance generally as any auto-response.

You are entitled to your perspective, just be aware it is not the
perspective of everyone.  Indeed many people think they are a feature of
email.

I will repeat what I wrote in an earlier post:

When did an auto-response become spam?  ISPs have to follow the law.

To elaborate, if you send me an email, I have a right under the law to
respond to you.  If I choose to respond with a robot, that is my choice.
You have a right not to e-mail me.

You don't have to actually send mail to check that.  Look into an MTA
feature called "callback verification" for an idea how this can be done.

I already wrote in this thread that we are going to provide that as an
option, but you may not be aware that feature does not always work correctly
for several reasons that our IPR.

Actually there is a better way to detect non-existent sender, but it is our
IPR, so I will not tell you.  In any case, the auto-response is the most
accurate way for several reasons that our IPR.

Thanks,
Shelby

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.