Re: Patent license

2004-08-24 10:47:03
I'm looking over the MARID archives, and it appears that Microsoft has
not in fact amended their Caller ID license, but merely offered an IPR
declaration that they offer a royalty-free license.  Is this correct?

Is MARID now proceeding to final call with a proposal that requires a
non-transferrable, non-sublicenseable agreement to be signed with Microsoft
in order to distribute any source code that implements Sender ID checks?
which is clearly not compatible with at least some open source licenses
(esp. GPL)?

The status of this is not clear to me at this time.  Any clarification would
be appreciated.

--
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are
free." -- Johann W. Von Goethe