RE: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-24 12:07:51
Scott Kitterman wrote:
dnsmadeeasy.com.    1800    TXT     "v=spf1 ip4:63.219.151.0/24 a mx
include:tiggee.com -all"
... and tiggee.com has no SPF record
Is there a standard way to interpret a null include: result?
... attempting to retrieve a non-existant
record will reliably get you an error result.

But isn't that exactly as it should be?  If I read the record from left to
right:
Anything in 63.219.151.0/24 will return a PASS
Any A record in dnsmadeeasy.com will return a PASS
Any MX record in dnsmadeeasy.com will return a PASS
Anything that falls through to tiggee.com will depend on them (currently ERROR)
Anything that fails all of the above will return a FAIL

So how is that broken?  Seems good enough to me.  Of course, it will be better
when tiggee.com publishes something (even if it's just v=spf1 -all)

Matthew(_dot_)van(_dot_)Eerde(_at_)hbinc(_dot_)com
805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"