Re: Re: DEPLOY: SPF/Sender ID support in Courier.

2004-08-27 22:19:55
Meng:
Is unified spf being discussed on a list somewhere? Sounds like a
really good idea.

Thanks,
Ken

Meng Weng Wong [28/08/04 01:04 -0400]:
On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 12:23:16AM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
| the headers?  I would have never thought of that!).  So just ignore it
| until:
|
|   a) it has actually been found to work
| and
|   b) it is unencumbered

I agree.  Sender ID is aimed more at MUAs anyway, so it
isn't that big a deal if MTAs have trouble with it --- it's
simply not that relevant to MTAs.  What MTAs need to pay
attention to is Unified SPF which will be unencumbered and
is already well on its way.

| I'm no politician, but it seems that we need to convince
| mail senders to publish SPF in addition to whatever senderID ends up
| needing.  It authenticates the MTA, which is needed in addition to
| RFC2822 validation.

Agreed.  When we get Unified SPF fully worked out (Mark has
come up with a very clever lightweight version of CSV) we'll
probably be able to roll that into spfv2:

  example.com TXT "v=spf2.0/pra,mailfrom ...."

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.

MailChannels: Imagine no more spam

--