RE: Can SPF support subdomain reputation?

2004-08-28 11:33:12
At 09:56 AM 8/28/2004 +0300, Andriy G. Tereshchenko wrote:
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but it appears that SPF
supports the ability to set different rules on different
subdomains (sub.domain.tld).

SPF has nothing to do with reputation.

The official SPF FAQ says it does:

http://spf.pobox.com/faq.html#churn

http://spf.pobox.com/faq.html#broadband2

This only matter how your reputation provider will assign reputation to
domain name.

Agreed.  But how SPF enables that is an important consideration for SPF.

Reputation can be assigned based on phases of Moon or based on google.com
search.

Sure we had that before SPF.  I think one (not the only) of the big
rationalizations for SPF is in being able to delete more spam based on SPF
results, and to do that, unless "-all", you have to record the reputation of
the domain, as was discussed at length here:

http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200408/1134.html

P.S> You have cool web-hosting with 100GB/month.

200GB actually.

How about creating RSS feed for your infinite number of ideas and avoid
posting them here ?

Hey why don't you do the same?  Maybe if everybody does that, then we won't
have a discussion list any more.