Re: DEPLOY: SPF/Sender ID support inCourier.

2004-09-01 07:09:29
Chris Drake <christopher(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

LZ> Agreed.  And then there are the probably millions of people who won't
LZ> even download or install XP Service Pack 2, at all.

I believe it's scheduled to be pushed out automatically to everyone in
the near future.  I specifically manually installed mine just out of
curiosity

It cannot be pushed out to everyone who runs XP.  Not everyone is
running Windows Update, and of that subset who are, not everyone has it
set up to automatically do upgrades without user confirmation.  Many
people refuse to install software when the popup appears.

LZ> The number of hits to my SMTP server that are coming from zombies
LZ> hasn't decreased at all this week.

I did a customer-count, and found 0.3% of my customers had SP2 as of
yesterday (it identifies itself in referrer strings and X-Mailler
headers)

What percentage of your customers run XP in the first place?

I still haven't seen a decrease in zombie-based connections to my server.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz(_at_)asfast(_dot_)com