Re[2]: Re: Microsoft released more info Aug 30, 2004

2004-09-01 23:49:01
Extremely good points - I think we should all work towards:-

A) Not stifling the diversity of legitimate email businesses
   (including antispam).  This unfortunately means discarding
   everything relating to digital-signature methods, because they ruin
   loads of useful things, like spam tagging, timestamping, everything
   that's implemented as a proxy, etc etc.  Mengs original SPF was
   extremely cleverly designed, and achieved this goal beautifully.

B) Outright reject everything that's patented.  Patented matter can't
   ever become standard (or if it ever were to - argument and dissent
   would at least delay such standards that they would be useless by
   the time, years later, that they saw light of day.)

Chris.

I doubt I will post to the ietf-mxcomp, but here is my opinion on how others
might want to try to refute these: