Re: spfv1 and spf2/pra

2004-09-04 08:53:20
Michael Weiner wrote:

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 16:02 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

You shouldn't need to worry about this. Implementations of "SPF
Classic" should retrieve all TXT records for a domain and discard
any that don't start with "v=spf1". So there shouldn't be a problem
with ordering, just as is the case with non-SPF related TXT records
(which I also use).

Thanks for your response, but i think the issue here is that it wont
return BOTH records, but the first it receives, which randomly could
be either spfv1 or spf2/pra.

If that were the case, then your DNS libraries would be seriously screwed
up. I am not a huge proponent of BIND 9, but I doubt it is *that* broken. ;)
Dig + nslookup + host, always return the two records, all of the time (but,
as per the specs, not necessarily in a predictable order; kinda like an
unsorted Perl hash).

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---