RE: Google's gmail.com checks spf records!

2004-09-08 05:27:11
Emails (based on certain criteria) sent to my desktop also get a copy sent to
my PDA, in case I am
away from my desk.

Sometimes when I am on the road I respond to emails using my PDA.  My PDA
forces my from address to
be the PDA.  But I don't want to people to respond to my PDA address, I want
them to respond to my
main account so that my desktop gets their response.  (My PDA will also get a
copy of the response
in case I am not back at my desk).

But when I am at my desk, I don't read the emails on my PDA, the screen is a
lot smaller then my
desktop  :)   But if someone did not honour my reply-to of a message sent from
the pda, then their
response would only go to my pda, and would go unnoticed until I left me desk
again and started
checking my pda...

This is *not* a made up scenario.

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085