Re: Google's gmail.com checks spf records!

2004-09-08 02:53:55
jpinkerton wrote:

Well - to be honest - I'm not sure why Reply-To: should exist at all,
given the fact that there's a From:  If they are not the same address,
the mail is suspect, imho.

I would not go as far as that. :) Reply-To is very useful for mailing list; Q.E.D, this list, for instance:

I love that. On the IETF list, to mention one, I always almost forget to replace the "From:" entity on reply with the IETF mailing list address. And then you wind up having to apologize to someone for having sent them a private email, instead of going to the list.

- Mark

       System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,