Re: Google's gmail.com checks spf records!

2004-09-08 01:22:44
I hope I am wrong - but if I can send you a mail with a false reply-to
that's spoofing, afaik, and is exactly what spf is trying to stop.
Obviously Gmail is not allowing bulk mail -- that I've found yet, anyway.

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Howarth" <paul(_at_)city-fan(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Google's gmail.com checks spf records!

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 08:15, jpinkerton wrote:
Well,  well - - who would have thought that gmail would allow spoofing?
:-/

There's a facility to insert the reply-to of your choice.  I am not sure
what is going to stop this mis-use of e-mail, gmail are just responding
"market forces".

In what way exactly is the facility to add a custom Reply-To: header a
mis-use of email?

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul(_at_)city-fan(_dot_)org>

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta
features SPF and Sender ID.