Re: Google's gmail.com checks spf records!

2004-09-09 14:23:03
On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 05:53, Mark wrote:
jpinkerton wrote:

Well - to be honest - I'm not sure why Reply-To: should exist at all,
given the fact that there's a From:  If they are not the same address,
the mail is suspect, imho.

I would not go as far as that. :) Reply-To is very useful for mailing list;
Q.E.D, this list, for instance:

I love that. On the IETF list, to mention one, I always almost forget to
replace the "From:" entity on reply with the IETF mailing list address. And
then you wind up having to apologize to someone for having sent them a
private email, instead of going to the list.

- Mark

I prefer the IETF list way. Hit 'reply to all' to get the list. Reply
should go the original sender. One should be allowed to send to the
original poster and this list makes that hard. It also explains why this
list volume is so high, as I see many messages that were obviously meant
for the sender.