RE: argh ... I wish people would RTFRFC

2004-09-08 05:15:03
Yes, people and implementation should adhere to the spec.  Also you get
software like that which
runs on M$ OS, sometimes works, depending on what else is/is not on system, and
what order it was
installed in etc.

Notwithstanding "adhere to the spec", the spec should be as liberal as
reasonably possible to make
it easy to support common methods of stating the information.

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Koen
Martens
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 4:35 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] argh ... I wish people would RTFRFC

No. If people refuse to RTFM, is it our task to accomodate? Should we
now just have a general mechanism 'x' and guess what was meant by 'x'
based on what follows?

This is of the same order as people who are unable to maintain a dns
server and still run their own dns server: their problem not ours.
There'll always be people who think they can spare a few
bucks by doing
things themselves, not hindered by the fact that they have
absolutely no
idea what they are doing.

If anything, there should be a validating service, akin to
http://validator.w3.org/. I'll write one today.

Koen