RE: argh ... I wish people would RTFRFC

2004-09-09 07:53:32
Once there is a proper record type like "spf1", then logic could be added to
bind.  Then bind would be able to detect syntax errors. IMHO this would be
the best place to detect the errors.

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 10:39 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] argh ... I wish people would RTFRFC

Koen Martens wrote:

"At present, the domain's A records contain the following
addresses:"

It does NOT say: "A mechanisms" (which is correct). And when I enter
an IP address there, I get an "IPv4" mechanism, not "a" (which is
correct):

   v=spf2.0/pra ... ip4:1.2.3.4/24

Are we talking about the same wizard?? When i put an ip address in
the box next to the "Enter any additional IP addresses (or ranges of
addresses) you wish to add to your SPF Record (one address or address
range per line). Examples: ", i do get:

v=spf2.0/pra a:1.2.3.4 ~all

which is wrong. I just checked, and this is still the current
behaviour.

Yep, it's broken alright. :)

In my example I used an IP address with a CIDR range. That gives the "ip4"
mechanism. Indeed, just an IP address (as I now tested) produces the
wrongful "a" mechanism.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---