Re: SPF adoptees

2004-09-10 14:26:54
On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 03:22:20PM -0400, John Keown wrote:
I am only talking about the pass. It depends on what you consider spam.

If I define spam as commercial email then 90% of the spf pass are spam.
Examples are staples, Fredrick's of Hollywood, natural vitamins, etc.

If you or your users opted in to it, it's not spam.

Spam is not "stuff you don't want, but asked for anyway".  Spam is unsolicited
and bulk.  At least, that's the most common definition.

In any event, commercial mail that is sent with valid domain names is
trivial to block if you don't want it.

--
"It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for
law." - James Fenimore Cooper