Re: SPF-compliant phishing?

2004-09-15 08:55:10
On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 11:45 -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:

In the second example. The first example is very different, but I'll
come back to that. But OK, we accept that SPF doesn't actually let you
validate the user reliably.

It does with exists.  It even lets you validate an SES signature via
exists.

True -- given a stunt DNS server and a creative use of 'exists' you can
indeed make it do almost anything. It's almost a shame there's a limit
on include recursion or some nutter would be demonstrating how it's
Turing-complete by now :)

But I'm talking about the 'classic' deployment scenario, and the level
of trust which can be inferred from a 'pass' result.

--
dwmw2