Re: Re: Please Don't Reject SPF NEUTRAL

2004-09-20 09:10:32
Scott Kitterman wrote:

What does and SPF PASS really buy me?  I don't think that anyone
is likely to do reduced filtering on stuff the gets a PASS.
In SpamAssassin 3.0 it gets me a .1 change in the score in the
direction of HAM

In and by itself, a "PASS" should not buy you anything. However, a "PASS" becomes (is already) very important when used in combination with reputation services, such as rating.cloudmark.com. I attach a whopping 2.5 SpamAssassin score to domains of good reputation, for instance. But only, and ONLY, when their relay is authorized. That is where SPF "PASS" comes in. :)

Why take the risk of getting my domain blacklisted.

It is particularly difficult, for small domains, to build up a good reputation (mail volume way below threshold). I venture to say, conversely, that getting blacklisted, for that same reason, is equally hard (not on a local blacklist, per se; but yes, it should certainly be the case for global reputation services). So, I would not worry about that too much.

Cheers,

- Mark

       System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---