Re: Article on Microsoft patents and Caller ID

2004-09-21 08:05:45
Good question!
I'm curious too :D

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:28:37 -0400, guy <pobox(_at_)watkins-home(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Question for Meng Weng Wong:

This list has been told that you have an agreement with Microsoft.
What can you tell us about your agreement with Microsoft?
If you are not allowed to say anything, then say so.  But I would like to
know anything I can about the deal.

The reason I ask, maybe Microsoft now owns SPF?
I hope not.

Thanks,
Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
william(at)elan.net
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 9:25 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] Article on Microsoft patents and Caller ID

 The following article was recently posted, which primarily just prints
out opinion and analysis of Microsoft patents as has been discussed at
mxcomp. But of most interest to me, was, the kind of answer Microsoft gave,
which directly concerns SPF, see below:

Microsoft would not comment on specifics of the patent application but a
spokesperson sent an e-mail stating:

"The SPF technical alternative is just now becoming a real focus for the
 IETF. It is premature for the standards participants to disclose any IP
 they may own related to SPF. If SPF continues to work its way through the
 process, there will likely be a point where Microsoft and others will [be]
 asked to identify any essential IP claims and Microsoft will follow the
 IETF guidelines for disclosure at that time"

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.