RE: Disappointed, yet..not surprised (was Re: Disap pointed)

2004-09-23 11:32:09

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

As I said, you can either obsess about your hatred of Microsoft or
you can help solve the spam problem.

I do not agree with statement that these are related actions that require
exclsive right of way.

That I participate in MARID WG, does not mean I can't participate in CRISP
WG or in MULTI6 or IDR. So similarly in more general terms that I particpate
in one or more group to stop spam, does not mean I can not participate
in other activities on the net that involve whois databases or that I'll
stop political actions against bad politicians that lie to control our
lives (and that of other countries) or or against big corporations that
lie and bully everyone else to gain control in their sector of economy
and do not care about anybody else they hurt in the process as long as
they remain in control and get as much profit as possible.

What is bad - is if any one of these things becomes an obsession and while
certainly it can be a big motivation, the end-result is almost always that
one would ruin his or her psyche while rarely achieving desired results.

So I certainly hope that nobody here is going to get obsessed regarding
either SPF or anti-spam activities or regarding Microsoft.

I never said that it was a fair choice. But it is a choice.

Its not a "choice" question to begin with.

---
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net