Re: Disappointed, yet..not surprised

2004-09-24 17:46:37
What made it even worse is that they compounded this by making false
statements to the MARID WG. Before the patent application was
published their representative on MARID was specifically asked if the
potential IPR (ie the patent application) covered SPF or other
techniques. The response was a definite negative, that the potential
IPR only covers the two MARID drafts in combination. As we now see,
the patent application covers a lot more than this.

I *really* believe that Harry and the other guy had no idea, and
believe it, and said what they did in good faith.

In fact, I have to believe that right now Harry and his colleague are
probably really unhappy.

Anne