Re: Disappointed, yet..not surprised

2004-09-24 15:24:53
Graham Murray wrote:

"Seth Goodman" <sethg(_at_)GoodmanAssociates(_dot_)com> writes:

In case it has escaped your attention, they have included SPF
classic in their patent application, which they did not invent.
That is about as bad faith a maneuver as I can imagine.

What made it even worse is that they compounded this by making false
statements to the MARID WG. Before the patent application was
published their representative on MARID was specifically asked if the
potential IPR (ie the patent application) covered SPF or other
techniques. The response was a definite negative, that the potential
IPR only covers the two MARID drafts in combination. As we now see,
the patent application covers a lot more than this.

While there are now folks saying perhaps SPF "Classic" is not covered by the IPR claims, after all, I have yet to see a MS lawyer, or MS representitive, come forward and say, "No, no! Relax, all y'all read it wrong! We did not steal SPF Classic!" How long are we to stay in denial? I would not be surprised if MARID disbanded for sheer embarrassment. We caught MS with their pants down; who can be mooned like that, and still preach "good faith" on the part of MS?

- Mark

       System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,