RE: Disappointed, yet..not surprised (was Re: Disap pointed)

2004-09-23 12:15:40
Do you recall the Orange?  An exact copy of the Apple 2.  From what I was
told back in the early 1980s, it was made by the same factory by the same
people after hours.

The AppleII had "more than 100 different "imitations"".  I would be
surprised if any 1 model of PC can claim this.

http://www.apple2clones.com/

We are getting off topic!  :)

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of David
Brodbeck
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 2:40 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Disappointed, yet..not surprised (was Re: Disap
pointed)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:31:36 -0700, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote
It was not as important as people claim. If the IBM O/S had not been
licensable the clone makers would have been forced to choose a
different platform. Chuck Peddle already had a start up that was
building the ACT Sirius. Osborne was a player, Commodore and Apple
were both looking to make the jump to 16 bits.

Also, cloning wasn't limited to the PC platform, though it was the most
commonly cloned.  Some people may remember the Laser 128, which was an Apple
//e clone.

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.