Re: Why I think we should tolerate compatibility with PRA.

2004-10-04 12:13:16
On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 02:29:03PM -0400, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 09:46:37AM +0100, Danny Angus wrote:

| Winston churchill in 1938, in response to Chamberlain's appeasement said:
| "we seem to be very near the bleak choice between War and Shame. My feeling
| is that we shall choose Shame, and then have War thrown in a little later,
| on even more adverse terms than at present."

OK, I'd like to collect more opinions on this thread today
and then reformulate my position at the end of the day.

My $0.001.

Microsoft will try to own as much of the internet as it can. I believe it is
important
to get unencumbered SPF out as fast as possible. In the long run, anything  you
do
with Microsoft can and will be used against you. In particular, they appear to
be
trying to kill ALL non-proprietary software.

As I said when I helped start Usenix - AT&T has more lawyers than this
association has members. Microsoft has more resources than most countries.

--
-=[L]=-