Forum Stats Generator

2004-10-05 18:05:43

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Kitterman" <spf2(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com>

If you would, it might be useful to run your utility for the spf-help list
(don't know if your subscribed there or not).  No one is publishing
posting
stats for that list.  There are a number of us who try to answer
everyone's
questions and your support effeciency metric would probably be relevant.
Also, if answering questions on spf-help started getting a person's name
on
a top posters list, that might incentivize more people to help answer
questions....

Scott,

I have a 4-5 month subscriber storage of the SPF-DISCUSS and SPF-HELP.  To
make a long story short, I have to re-import into the system in order to do
the correct stats.

I am going to clean up the utility and test it on September/04 storage.

One the obvious options was the "Vendor Support" feature.  How many messages
the "Vendor" of the forum wrote to reflect the vendors participation.

This is based on domain name of the author address.  Right now it only takes
one domain.

Give me a set of domains (or complete addresses) that you consider are
"vendors" pseudo-official or otherwise to give you this stats.   I know that
these are technically "user-supported" but there is still  a "moderator"
concept that apply here and that moderator(s) domains can be used for the
vendor support feature.

I should have something soon.

Go offline is you think this is best.  But maybe others might have input on
what be a good feature or stat to see and provide input.

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.
http://www.santronics.com