RE: Bug? Re: Weekly SPF discussion mailinglist stats for 10/04/04

2004-10-06 06:11:42
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Koen
Martens
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 2:36 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
stats for 10/04/04

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 09:28:56AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
If you would, it might be useful to run your utility for the
spf-help list
(don't know if your subscribed there or not).  No one is
publishing posting
stats for that list.  There are a number of us who try to
answer everyone's
questions and your support effeciency metric would probably be relevant.
Also, if answering questions on spf-help started getting a
person's name on
a top posters list, that might incentivize more people to help answer
questions....

I'm a bit sceptic here. I've seldom seen such a stats page result in
more quality (which is what we need on spf-help), but only in more
quantity. Granted, I've only done these kinds of stats on less serious
lists, irc channels, fido mail groups, .. It ususally resulted in the
so-called 'stat-posting' where people would squirt out mail just to get
at number 1.

Koen

You may well be right.  I actually look at spf-help and try and make sure
everyone gets an answer if I can (there are some questions that are
definitely way beyond me).  That's actually the part that I was most
interested in.  To see how we are doing...

Scott Kitterman