Re: How can this work?

2004-10-07 08:58:57
On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 11:53:32AM -0400, Dan Barker wrote:
I see how SPF records can help if you are at the office. What about when you
are on the road?

You will connect to the 'net via your cellphone, a dial-up, or a wireless
network. Most likely, the ISP won't route port 25 traffic to your "home"
system's SMTP servers, so you must use the remote ISP's SMTP servers. They
have no idea who you are, and your home server has no idea from where you
might connect.

This has been asked and answered many times.  Your office server can listen
on alternate ports (like the official port 587 mail-submission port).  Or
you can include your mobile ISP's server's in your policy.

--
"We can no more blame our loss of freedom on Congressmen than we can
prostitution on pimps.  Both simply provide broker services for their