A page with links to all existing SPF Web tools - WAS - Re: Re: How can this work?

2004-10-08 01:21:57

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Ellermann" <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 5:17 AM
Subject: [spf-discuss] Re: How can this work?

Holm, Mark wrote:

There are not enough clear explanations and examples
available.

Your observations about a:1.2.3.4 are well noted, and I still
have Shoaib's article marked as unanswered ("common mistakes"):
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spf.discuss:10510>

Meng knows this problem, he mentioned it first weeks ago.  Now
Mark has a chance to add this in the updated draft, let's see
what happens.

Use the web, Luke.  Make it easy and clear for people to get
answers to questions.

Something like a page with links to all existing SPF Web tools
would be nice.  I know that Koen has a cute SPF syntax checker,
but I forgot to bookmark it.  Somebody runs an SPF echo server
(send mail, get report with SPF evaluation), I forgot to note
the address.

So there are already a lot of SPF tools on the Web, but it's
not always easy to find them.  And I tend to ignore anything
which doesn't work with my browser, but that's another issue.

www.spf.idimo.com  has links to everything I know about and I'll happily add
more as folks point them out to me.  I will also happily add notes to each
link to point out which browsers work, what the problems are with the tools,
etc, etc.  (e.g.  M$'s tool being broken, the infinite penguins tools being
non-intuitive to a newbie, etc, etc)  If it gets to needing a new page for
the links - no problem.

I will be duplicating this on www.senderpolicyframework.org.uk in a couple
of days.

All suggestions welcome :-)