RE: SenderID and v=spf1 - Please say NO

2004-10-16 15:05:42
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, guy wrote:

The email address I use with this list is only for this list.
My email address now gets spam, so yes there are spammers on this list.
At least monitoring for email addresses.
If you post here, you will be added to someone's spam list.

I get 40000 spam attempts per day.  I only see 2 or 3.  All but
about 3000 per day are blocked by requiring a valid SPF, HELO, or PTR.
SPF must get pass or neutral.  Selected domains must get SPF
pass (e.g. AOL.com).  All but about 500 spams from SPF compliant spammers
are blocked by domain blacklists.  The remainder are filtered by DSPAM wrapped
for Python.  (Thinking of changing to spambayes.) The 35500 per day blocked by
basic authentication requirements and blacklists are blocked before SMTP
DATA.

I am not careful with my email, because the constant stream of spam
makes excellent testing material for Python milter.

http://bmsi.com/python/milter.html